Filter by topic
- All topics
- Web Design
- Exclusive articles
- 2017 (1)
- November (3)
- August (3)
- July (5)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- Google PageRank Shuts to the Public
- The secret heartbeat of Google and the diversification of its product base
- Seasonal traffic fluctuations
- SEO. The 4 most important elements to getting a page 1 result.
- Breaking news! Panda 3.0 and the death of iFrames
- Negative SEO alert system launched
- Business-to-Business Social Networking: Featuring LinkedIn & Connect
- The Importance of Your Online Reputation
- Should we be 100% Google?
- Google's Mobile Friendly Algorithm
- March (8)
- February (1)
- January (2)
Sunday, 17 April 2016
Seasonal traffic fluctuations
We often get back in to the office after bank holidays to e-mails from panicked clients saying that their hits have dropped dramatically and they don’t know why.
With the Easter weekend upon us we thought it would be a good time to approach the subject of traffic fluctuations. We’ve done some research across all of our SEO and Adwords campaigns analysing click data in order to produce one of the first definitive guides to how the holiday season affects traffic.
While there are certain sites that will attract more traffic over a weekend or holiday weekend, generally traffic is lower. Over the Christmas period we saw a decrease in traffic over 31.2% across our 3,000 plus clients. We will monitor and update this post after the Easter holidays to see how this period compares with Christmas.
In terms of other factors that affect traffic. Major sporting events can have an impact so it will be interesting to monitor things over the upcoming world cup. We will certainly blog about this when the time comes.
It makes for interesting reading and gives you a small insight in to one of many factors we are able to monitor due to the size of our client base.