Filter by topic
- All topics
- Web Design
- Exclusive articles
- 2017 (1)
- November (3)
- August (3)
- July (5)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- Google PageRank Shuts to the Public
- The secret heartbeat of Google and the diversification of its product base
- Seasonal traffic fluctuations
- SEO. The 4 most important elements to getting a page 1 result.
- Breaking news! Panda 3.0 and the death of iFrames
- Negative SEO alert system launched
- Business-to-Business Social Networking: Featuring LinkedIn & Connect
- The Importance of Your Online Reputation
- Should we be 100% Google?
- Google's Mobile Friendly Algorithm
- March (8)
- February (1)
- January (2)
Monday, 4 April 2016
The secret heartbeat of Google and the diversification of its product base
If you search Google news on the keyword ‘SEO’ the internet is full of so called experts second guessing what they think ranks you better, while also making sweeping statements about what Google thinks is bad.
Google is a very rare beast, a publicly owned company with a secret algorithm at its core. A secret that can make or break business and personal reputations.
So, how can a public company that influences so much be allowed to keep this a secret?
Google has the ultimate power but it’s also the ultimate democracy. People give them power by using their search but if they were to start abusing that power than in theory people could start using other services. So a competitive search environment is important in order to self-regulate the industry.
Google's come under fire recently for being to ‘big brotherish’ but as the pressure grows to continue their financial growth they may push their users too far and that could lead to their eventual downfall.
Whatever the future holds one thing is for sure, Google aren’t going anywhere and neither are we! While the market second guesses what Google are doing we’re able to see more clearly what’s going on due to the high volume of active campaigns we’re operating.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this article and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.